We Put Our Energy Here
We are proud to have been part of the fabric of our communities for more than 150 years. We believe that part of our corporate responsibility is to give back to our communities, and our philanthropic focus is designed to make a meaningful impact in those we serve.
Targeted Areas of Philanthropy
To make the most meaningful impact in our communities, Southern Company Gas focuses on distinct areas of giving. Grant request received outside our targeted areas of philanthropy will not be considered.
Grants in these categories will be considered in Q1. Requests due by 1.15.16
Grants in this category will be considered in Q2. Requests due by 4.15.16
- Education – The Path to Social Mobility and Enhanced Opportunities Includes Education and Career Readiness. Our primary focus is on institutions that offer areas of study important to our business and from which we are interested in recruiting students for our future workforce.
- Environmental Stewardship – Natural Gas is a Cleaner Fuel Alternative. We are committed to protecting our environment. We invest in nonprofit organizations with programs that contribute to clean air, conservation, and green space.
- Diversity – The Many Facets of Our Diversity Make Our Company Better and Our Communities Stronger. We invest in both organizational and supplier diversity programs that promote diversity and inclusion opportunities, education,
and access to resources for the under-served and under-represented individuals and businesses in our workforce
Grants in this category will be considered in Q3. Requests due by 7.15.16
- Community Enrichment – Strong Communities Depend on Good Citizens Working Together. We invest in nonprofit organizations with programs that contribute to the vitality, sustainability and livability of our neighborhoods.
- Energy Assistance – A Healthy and Stable Community is a Thriving Community. We invest in United Way, energy assistance programs and nonprofit organizations with programs that provide individuals in our communities with the
basic necessities as well as promote stability and wellness.
All requests* for contributions should fall in one of these areas: Education, Community Enrichment, Environmental Stewardship, Diversity or Basic Human Needs and Energy Assistance.
- An organization must have 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status and must include a copy of this letter with a proposal
- An organization may make a request for donation only once a year
Our official Guidelines for Contributions
*Exclusions: Contributions to religious organizations, individuals, private schools K-12, sports teams, school ads, church bulletins, etc.