We are proud to be a partner in the communities we serve. We strive to maintain a keen sensitivity to issues affecting our communities and our business. We show our dedication and corporate citizenship through our various foundation grants, community outreach programs, and other corporate charitable giving programs.
We serve customers in Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, New Jersey, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia – and support non-profit organizations* in these communities. Please note that Nicor Gas, our Illinois utility, manages a separate corporate giving program. Click here for a link to that program.
View our service territory >
|Currently, the Foundation is accepting grant requests only from organizations that have been invited to apply by the Foundation.|
Targeted Areas of Philanthropy
To make the most meaningful impact in our communities, AGL Resources focuses on distinct areas of giving. Grant request received outside our targeted areas of philanthropy will not be considered.
Grants in these categories will be considered in Q1. Requests due by 1/31/15
Grants in this category will be considered in Q2. Requests due by 4/30/15
- Education – With an emphasis in reading, math and science, this support includes public
secondary schools (K - 12); public and private colleges and universities, and technical schools.
- Environmental Stewardship – We support projects such as, clean air, conservation, and
- Organizational and Supplier Diversity – We support organizations that reflect the diversity of our workplace and the many communities we serve, and we partner with organizations that provide developmental opportunities and assistance to minority and women-owned businesses.
Grants in this category will be considered in Q3. Requests due by 7/30/15
- Community Enrichment –We direct our support to energy assistance programs; low-income, senior citizen programs; minority and women leadership programs; limited arts and culture events; and the United Way.
- Energy Assistance –We support programs which primarily help low-income households and low-income senior citizens afford their natural gas energy consumption.Â These programs include weatherization projects and emergency energy assistance.
|Note: The Foundation can consider grant requests only from those organizations classified as 501(c)(3), tax-exempt by the IRS. The Foundation does not contribute to individuals, religious organizations, or private K-12 schools.|
|TIME DOES NOT PERMIT INDIVIDUAL MEETINGS WITH AN ORGANIZATION PRIOR TO SUBMITTAL OF GRANT REQUESTS. ONCE REQUESTS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED AND REVIEWED, YOUR ORGANIZATION WILL BE CONTACTED IF WE HAVE ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS.|
Guidelines and Application for Grants >
* The Foundation can consider grant requests only from those organizations classified as 501(c)(3), tax-exempt by the IRS. The Foundation does not contribute to individuals or religious organizations.
Back to Top